Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Sunday 8 May 2016

Today's The Day

The day has arrived for my first charity event. After a restless nights sleep I have been up and raring to go albeit a little tired from lack of sleep.

My training for today hasn't quite been as much as I had hoped due to the weather but hopefully my general fitness will keep me going (plus the knowledge that there will be food and drink waiting for me at the finish!)

It is all for a great cause, raising funds for Blood Cancer. If you have read my previous posts then you will know that this is something close to my heart having lost my dad at a young age.

My next charity event is the Race For Life on 1st June to raise funds for research in to cancers that affect women.

I have often in the past done charity events and there is nothing more rewarding and liberating than crossing that finish line with a bunch of supporters cheering you on. The feeling is overwhelming.

So wish me luck and thank you to those that have been kind enough to donate to my cause.

If you live in the UK and would still like to make a last minute donation, you can do this via a free text. Simply send a text to 70070 quoting FTAY69 followed by the amount you wish to donate e.g. FTAY69 £5

Remember keep active and eat healthy. Catch up soon :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates