Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Monday 18 January 2016

Do You Talk Yourself Out of Weight Loss?

Diet and exercise and they way we talk to ourselves has always been a passion of mine and over the years I have spoke at length to people about the struggles they face of trying to lose weight.

One thing that always seems to be noticeable is the way in which people talk to themselves.

The word I hear far too often is 'can't'.

"No matter how hard I try, I can't lose weight"
"I exercise all the time but still can't shift the weight"
"I've tried every diet going and still can't get my weight down"

I'm the first to admit that I WAS your typical negative person. My mum is a born pessimist and this trait was kindly handed down to me from a young age. However, something clicked in me one day and I vowed to change the way I think. Over the years I have read every book about changing my thoughts, listened to cassette tapes (yes it was that long ago), CD's and any information I could.

Image result for brain

It has taken time and I am not saying that I am the most optimistic person around, but I have learnt to talk to myself in a much kinder tone.

Constantly telling yourself you can't do something is a sure fire way for your brain to find a way to prove you right. You are what you think. 

If you are trying to lose weight (or anything for that matter), try talking to yourself differently. If you find yourself wanting to use the word can't or say anything negative, STOP. Change the way you talk to yourself. Talk as if whatever you want to achieve is possible. 

Whilst talking in a more positive way will help in your every day life, if you have something specific you wish to achieve then you have to feel it too.

Every morning and/or evening you need to close your eyes and visualise yourself achieving your goal. I do this in bed. See a picture of yourself as you wish to be. This could be more confident, slimmer, fitter, healthier - anything you like. Really take the time to notice everything about yourself that you would like to change. Next take this person and float them into your own body, feel the emotions you would feel as if this dream had come true. Experience the exact feelings you would get if your goal was real and you had achieved what you set out to do.

Whilst you can tell yourself everyday that "i will lose weight" or "I feel more confident". The only real way to fully achieve these things is to know how you would feel on the inside at having mastered your goal.

I myself use a piece of software every day that quietly works away in the back ground of my computer whilst I'm working, reinforcing positive affirmations to my sub conscious mind.

                                    Take a look for yourself. You won't be disappointed!

Brain Bullet - New performance technology




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates