Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Thursday 21 January 2016

What's The Secret To Weight Loss?

Exercise is great, keeps you healthy, improves your fitness, reduces stress and helps with weight loss.

However, this is just a small part of the best way to lose weight. By far the most important thing is your diet. Diet has a much greater impact on body weight and health than exercise.

Now I hate the term 'going on a diet'. To me that immediately makes me think that I will have to cut out some of my favourite foods. I prefer to opt for healthy eating.

During the week I try to eat healthier. I try to eat foods that are as natural as possible and not loaded with toxins. If you would like to read more about a previous article I wrote on 'non-toxic eating' you can view it HERE

I eat this way as best as I can during the week and relax a bit at the weekends when I go out. There's nothing I like more than a nice cappuccino and cream scone after a good walk along the coast.

I also find that when I eat as natural as possible that I don't suffer from bloating and feeling uncomfortable. To me that speaks volumes about what processed, sugary foods do to my body

One thing I also do is to make sure I am eating enough. I hear too many times of people who try to lose weight by not eating. Yes initially you may lose some weight but then it will become difficult as your body holds on to as much fat stores as it can (the body is a clever tool and will store as much weight as it can not knowing when it's next meal will be or if at all). Also you will lose essential muscle tone.

My advice would be to find an eating plan that works for YOU. Forget diets and concentrate on eating healthy and reducing the amount of processed, sugary foods you eat. Try not to eat too late at night (definitely no later than 8pm). Have a treat if you fancy it but keep it to a minimum and have it as just that, a treat. Take daily exercise and follow the 80/20 rule - 80% of your effort should be down to what you eat and 20% effort on exercise.

Image result for weight loss

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates