Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Wednesday 13 April 2016

Healthy Body, Healthy Mind

I have always tried to eat healthy but like most people I am guilty of falling short in this quest from time to time.

I enjoy having fish and chips and the occasional ice cream. However, to fuel my body properly and to give me the best energy, I need to focus on eating healthier more of the time.

I have studied Nutrition and over the years and have listened very carefully to how my body reacts to certain foods. For example I suffer from palpitations and I know that if I have too much caffeine, alcohol or sugar then for the next day or two I will get more occurrences than normal. Also if I have eaten too much 'junk' food then I know I will feel tired and bloated. It is quite a good bit of knowledge to know about yourself.

When I feel sluggish and tired the last thing I feel like doing is exercising and in order for me to train in time for the charity events I am taking part in, then I need to eat right.

So how do I do this?

I eat what I call 'clean' foods for as much of the time as I can. I never ever tell myself that I can't have certain foods, so I eat 'clean' all week and then allow myself a treat day. This is not a day to pig out and eat whatever I choose, but a day to allow myself a meal of eating pizza or fish and chips (or whatever I feel like) and maybe an ice cream or piece of cake.

The results over time are amazing. I feel less bloated, have more energy and lose a few spare pound in the process. It is not a diet but a way of eating natural foods that have not been processed or changed in any way. 

I have covered this way of eating in a previous post but you can read it here:





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates