Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Wednesday 6 April 2016

Raising Funds for Blood Cancer

I like to do my bit for fund raising and this year I will be taking part in the Race for Life on 1st June and Grimsby Bikeathon on 8th May.

Both charities raise money for research in to cancers.

I have often taken part in the Race for Life for the last 19 years but this year I have decided to also take part in a bike ride. It is over a course of 28 miles and will be raising funds for Blood Cancer.

This is particularly close to my heart. As a young girl I remember very well time spent with my mum and dad, me playing in the hospital waiting room, not really sure what I was doing there but just remembering each time we came away my dad would seem more ill.

Over time, (to me as a child it seemed like only weeks), I watched a strong man turn into a weak frail and thin guy who could barely walk from one end of the room to the other. Eventually he disappeared from home to end up in the hospital.

I won't go in to the full details but it was about 10pm on 15th September 1977, I was aged just 7 years old (soon to be 8 in the October). Mum told me that dad had been chosen to be an angel and wouldn't be coming back home.........

He had died of Hodgkin's disease at the age of 36 years old. So raising funds to help in the battle of saving lives and hopefully maybe preventing a young child growing up without their parent is so very close to my heart.

If you would be willing to help in my fund raising I would be extremely thankful and if not then thank you for reading xx


Me as a child, the age my dad passed away




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates