Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Monday 1 October 2012

How do I lose weight?

How I am Losing Weight?

I’m only human like the rest of you so I go off the rails the odd day BUT I don’t beat myself up about it. I just get back on and keep going.
I try to follow the non toxic eating plan but adapt it to suit what works for me.

My typical breakfast is NO cereal which is full of sugar.
Instead I alternate days of one option below:
Omelette with peppers or poached egg on one slice of brown bread containing Spelt (this can be purchased from supermarkets).
A fruit shake with less than half pint of semi-skimmed milk, blueberries, raspberries and 4 heaped spoons of protein powder (from health stores or Boots chemist).
Salmon on 3 oatcakes.
Eggs, fresh tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers fried in extra virgin olive oil.
As a treat I may have a bacon butty (reduced salt, lean bacon) in 2 slices of bread.

Main meals examples:
Poached eggs if I haven’t had them for a day or so.
Chicken and vegetables.
Fish with mixed salad.
Chicken stir-fry.
Lamb roast dinner (no yorkshire pudding).

Snacks:Few nuts (unsalted).
Banana.
Small piece of chicken.
Small piece of salmon flakes.

Drinks:First thing before eating, boiled water with 1-2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice.
Green tea with citrus.
Detox tea bag (available from super market/health stores).
Tea/coffee with milk no sugar – 1-2 cups per day.
Filtered water.
Don’t worry if you give in to temptation, just get back on track. I make sure that I don’t get too hungry then I’m not going to be tempted and if I am tempted then I make sure I have a good day sticking to no toxins.
To help me on my way I have an Epsom salt bath 2-3 times a week. I also add chilli flakes to some meals and cinnamon, these help give my metabolism a boost.

My exercise:
I don’t do ‘hard’ exercise routines. To get my regular exercise I try to make a change every day into my routine but aim to do some structured exercise 3-4 times a week.
I do a DVD at home for 20minutes (either Zumba or something aerobicy) or go walking at a fast pace or Wii Just dance or even just dance around to music channels. Sometimes if time is short I will just run up and down the stairs as many times as I can throughout the day – usually around 20+ times. If I’m short of time I will fit it into my day whilst tea is cooking or I even get my husband to cook while I exercise. Followed by 10 minutes of dumbells working my arms, waist, legs and bum – sometimes I leave this until later in the evening once my daughter is in bed and whilst I’m watching tv.
I alternate my exercise every week to add variety and work my muscles differently.
As part of my day I use the stairs at home more and when out and also walk whenever possible without using the car.
I’m a busy mum so if I can fit any exercise into my day without too much effort I feel better. Even doing something together as a family i.e. swimming, bowling etc forms part of my exercise. Even the smallest of changes make a difference.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates