Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Friday 19 February 2016

Exercise At Home - All Weather

If you have read my previous posts you will know that I enjoy my exercise. There is not a day goes by that I don't do some form of activity (some days I do more than others).

I love nothing more than walking and a bit of a jog with my beloved pooch to jumping on my bike and cycling through the open country - weather permitting of course and this is were the problem can arise.


My Wheels 


I have never let the rain, cold and wind stop me getting outdoors but there is a limit to what I will do when the weather is doing its worst.

For one the dog hates going out in the rain so I tend to take myself for a walk on these days and two there is no way I will jump on my bike to get soaked and come back feeling miserable, cold and wet.

I still get out there but it is not as much fun in the rain now is it? :(

I have always had some weights and ankle weights which I use on a regular basis but felt I needed to do more cardio, so I decided to turn one of my rooms in to a small gym area. I had been wanting to do this for some time but ummed and ahhed about it. My 16 year old daughter had just joined a gym and kept asking me to go with her. I love the gym and spent some years working in one until having my daughter but the time factor was a real problem for me. Half an hour to get there, an hour in the gym and then half an hour to get home, 2 hours out of my day!!!

Creating a small gym at home seemed the most logical option and would also save my daughter a bit of money in the process. So that's what I did.

As space was tight and I wanted room to do floor exercises aswell as using a barbell and also keep cost down, I decided to just buy a cross trainer and barbell (my next post highlights the benefits of using a cross trainer).

Now I can get a good varied workout AT HOME IN ALL WEATHER. Brilliant :)







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates