Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Wednesday 4 January 2017

Start The Day Off Right

What you eat throughout the day can be dependant on how you start off.

I try to eat healthy and have something filling. This often helps me to make better food choices later on. Over Christmas and being out of my normal routine, I found I was eating breakfast at all different times of the day and not always having something nutritious and filling.

Now back into normal routine I am back to eating either porridge oats with coconut milk, poached eggs on toast (usually Spelt or wholemeal bread) or omelettes with chopped mushrooms and tomatoes.

Occasionally I will have mixed fruit (blueberries, kiwi and banana) with Greek or Natural live yogurt.

By having a good breakfast it helps to keep me fuller for longer. I also feel more inclined to eat healthier foods during the day.

Today for example I have had fruit and live yogurt for my breakfast - the fruit for an added vitamin boost and yogurt to give my 'friendly' gut bacteria a helping hand. At lunch time I made a chicken and vegetable stew and ate 2 dishes of it (it was rather yummy).

As I write this I am still feeling full and will have something a bit lighter for my evening meal, although I have yet to decide what.

For some people, eating 5 or 6 small meals during the day works for them. Keeps their metabolism ticking over and helps to stop them from feeling hungry. However, I find that having 3 meals a day, providing they are nutritious and no snacking in between, helps me to lose weight.

It's all about finding an eating plan that works for YOU.

You can read more about the eating plan I follow for weight loss and why it works for me  HERE





Image result for healthy food







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates